Sunday 18 September 2011

Logitech 9000 Review Update


I've been using the Logitech Pro 9000 for a few weeks now and unfortunately it gave me a lot of pain.

The first one I got started to have microphone problems after approximately 1.5 weeks (crackling noise). I called Amazon and they sent me a replacement. 

The new one had a problem with the autofocus from day one. Basically it didn't automatically focus on me when I sat in front of it and I had to wave and make myself known to the camera before it decided to work with me. It worked for a bit, but after putting something close to the camera and then taking it away, same thing happened and when I tried to use the cam next time same routine. It also never seemed to find the right settings for "autolight" and the videos looked quite awful.

Called Amazon again and they sent a replacement. This one actually seems to work fine from the hardware point of view, but since I updated the software, whenever I start the camera to film my laptop shows bluescreen and reboots. Sometimes after several reboots I get it to work, but I doubt my computer likes the permanent forced reboots (using Win Vista). Will try to download the old version or do some research if that happens to other people as well.

Conclusion: Good webcam for the price (if working), but there seem to be loads of lemons out there. Think I will start saving for a standalone camcorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment